Top 4 of my favourite Polish cities!

This Saturday I spent in Wroclaw. I visited Pawilon Czterech Kopuł (The Four Domes Pavilion) to see amazing artworks of masters like Warhol or Beuys on Temporary Exhibition. In fact, I was amazed by Presentation of the collection more but it was cool anyway. But, the main reason for my trip was to see a performance in Pantomime Theatre called Batory Trans.
I had been in Wroclaw before, but I had't time to sightsee it and on Saturday, finally, I had this opportunity to walk down those beautiful streets of Wroclaw and this fact brought me an idea for the new post. I present my favourte cites in Poland!

#4 Sandomierz
Sandomierz is kind a small town with an area of 25 km2 located in Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship.
In this part of Poland, people are true believers that is why we can find there a lot of churches and synagogues that are very old, for example we can find there a basilica from 1421. In Sandomierz, there are also a beautiful Abbot Gate and Town Hall, both created in XIV century.
In Sandomierz, there was shot a TV series called "Ojciec Mateusz".
This what I really loved in this city was the fact, that even if it's small, there are a lot of events and cool places like studio theatres or festivals of different cultures. I loved it's climate, charming, narrow streets, energy and positive emotions even if it was harmfully destroyed by flood couple years ago. I hope I will come back there one day.

Old Market
Town Hall
Abbot Gate

#3 Tricity
Situated in Pomerania, Tricity is composed of, as you can guess, three cities: Gdańsk, Gdynia and Sopot, that creates an area of 415 km2, and it is very difficult to talk about every of this cities separately. 
Problably, the most known attraction is a pier in Sopot and ferries starting from Gdynia and going to the cities like Copenhagen. Moreover, every year, in Gdansk, there is organised St. Dominic's Fair - my favourite time of the year, when I can find a lot of cheap vinyl records or used books.And of course, it's situated by the sea, so you can enjoy swimming and a sea breeze.
Every of these town had an amazing spirit: Gdańsk has a lovely Old Market, Gdynia is very clean and modern and Sopot is vibrant with life. I recommend to visit Tricity on September, during the Fair. Seriously, you can find a lot of treasures there!

 Gdańsk
Sopot
Gdynia

#2 Wrocław
Not so small, having almost 300 km2 city in Lower Silesian is a capital of the Voivodeship.
In Wrocław, we can find a lot of attractions: Centennial Hall written down to UNESCO list, The Wrocław Multimedia Fountain, a famous Japan Garden, a beautiful zoo with a great amount of animals and dozens of museums, theatres and cinemas and of course Racławice Panorama.
It's difficult to mention about all of these wonderful entertainments,but I hope that I will visit them all, not only some parts of this awesome city. Even if I was able to see only the Old Market and walk through main streets I fell in love with this town: with its climate and a great combination of tradition and modernisation.

Town Hall
Wroclaw Multimedia Fountain
 Polski Theatre - probably my favourite place in Wroclaw

#1 Kraków - Cracow
The second of the largest cities in Poland, having almost 330 km2, situated in Lesser Poland is very popular tourist destination.
The most famous thing in Cracow is Wawel Castle, Kraków Cloth Hall and Kazimierz. Cracow is famous as very cultural city because of presence of theatres, cinemas, festivals not only connected with music and museums. It's not barely possible to be bored in this city, there's always a place to go or sightsee. 
I love old cities with a spirit where you have always something to do, that is why I love Cracow so much and that is why I like to come back there from time to time. I'm never bored with it and I hope it will never change.


Town Hall
Wawel Castle

The pictures are not mine. Unfortunately, some of my pictures are lost, some of them stayed in my hometown. When I get them, I will place them here :)

Komentarze

Popularne posty