Top 4 things from Japan!

I'm very into Japanese culture from some years. Huge inlfuence on that had all the animes I watched when I was a child. After some time I remembered about it and I started to watch some new, matures ones. I started to be interested in Japan's culture. Unfortunately, I haven't been there yet but for sure, I will visit this magical place in the future.
Of course, there are much more than just four reasons to love this country but today I will tell you about my four favourite ones.

#4 Neko

Kabuki actors as cats
 
People in Japan love cats. They put cats' image everywhere and on everything it's possible. There are pillows, toys, gadgets with a mouth of the cat. Cats are considered as sweet or kawaii. Maneki Neko, porcelain scultpures of cat with waving paw is worldwide known. Moreover, cats are so popular that there are even restaurants where you can not only eat but also play with cats.
I love cats so for me those places would be like heaven.

 Maneki Neko



#3 Ninja
 Jiraya - famous ninja

Even if its seems like a legend, ninja lived for real. They were active from XII to XIX century. Ninja or shinobi also called as hidden killers, very often were hired by rich and important lords for killing their enemies.
They participates in special courses in academy where they could become genin, later chunin to jonin - highly-trained shinobi. They trained taijutsu which is type of close combat when they could use a lot of kinds of weapons: kunai, shuriken or chigiriki. They also practiced ninjutsu - sort of a martial arts consisting on strategies and tactics of unconventional warfare.
For me stories about ninja are very mysterious and interesting that's why I like to read about them.

#2 Anime
I had to put it on my list. I love anime from my childhood and nowadays I really enjoy watching it.
The history of anime starts in XX century when the japanese animators started to follow suit from the west for example Walt Disney. During this time, manga - kind of comics, started to become more popular. Right now, more of the anime are based on manga. There are a lot of kinds of anime like mecha, ecchi or shonen.



#1 Hokusai Katsushika
I hope I don't have to introduce this man. Hokusai is probably the best known japanese artist that created enormous number of woodcuts and drawnings. He said about himself that he is possessed by painting. He had a huge influence on many artists, for example Claude Monet or Vincent van Gogh. For me, Hokusai was amazing artist. Every piece of his art is masterpiece. I can't point just one my favourite painting so I decided to put several of them.




 

Komentarze

  1. Japan is such inspiring country, they have beautiful traditions and their art is really breathtaking, I'd love to go there!

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty