The best 4 concerts at OWF2016!

Just couple hours ago I came back to Poznan from Warsaw. I had a terrible journey, starting with a false bomb alert on the train station just before my leaving from Poznan and ending with standing several hours in fulled up with people train, but in fact I had wonderful time during Orange Warsaw Festival and I do not regret anything. The chance of seeing my idols on the stage paid back everything, and because of this fact I decided to choose 4 the best concerts of this fest to share with my feelings and experiences. It was a very difficult task because the level of the perfomances was really high. During two days, the participants had a chance to see live concerts of artists like Lana Del Rey, Skrillex, Tom Odell. Personally, I couldn't wait for MØ, Daughter and Die Antwoord and I wasn't disapointed at all. Just like I have mentioned it wasn't easy to choose the happy four, but after thoughts I made a decision and that is how the list of the best 4 music performances of Orange Warsaw Festival 2016 was composed!

#4 Die Antwoord




What an energy! what vibes! were coming from these group! Wow! Yolandi, Ninja and the supporting DJ was filled up with endless energy. They come from South Africa and they have been creating an alternative hip hop, rave and zef since 2008. Known because of the unique sound and controversial music video may schock but I have to admit that the concerts they play are very special. You just can't be bored: the music makes you wanna dance and jump with the artists who are doing their best. It's obvious, that they love doing it, that they love their job and they do care about every audience. You don't have to be a big fan of this kind of music to have a great time with the artists. It's a true show and I will never forget it. 

Die Antwoord performing "Baby's on fire"

#3



I have mentioned her in one of my previous post. I really admire this artist for her music and now, after seeing her live concert I'm even more amazed. It's easy to explain, Karen's concerts are amazing. Her voice sounds even better alive than at the CD what is quite unique but very valuable in the era of the synthesizers. Despite of her dancing or jumping she wasn't out of breath even for a second. She didn't have any fear or objections to hug with the fans or take some selfies with them. I can't wait to see her again.

MØ performing "Maiden"

#2 Daughter 


I was waiting fo them for a long time. Daughter played their concert in the very last day and hour - they were closing up the festival but I couldn't have imagined the better one! The indie folk group from England made me cry two times during the concert. Me and my friend, we didn't know why we are crying, we just did. The emotions were so incredible. Elena (the vocalist) with her perfect and soft voice moved everyone. She seemed very insecure and shy when we bursted into applause after every song. Igor, the gutirast, made us laugh time to time to clear the air. It was the perfect combination ot two different souls which made me simply a happy person. I can problably state that I know what katharsis is.

Daughter performing "Youth"


#1 Editors 

 
I didn't know anything about this band before OWF. I just listened to several songs but I wasn't amazed with them. The fortune made that I was standing very close to the stage during the concert and I was able to see everything very well. I think that this band is my personal discovery of the festival. I'm so happy that I decided to participate in the Editor's concert because I found out a very special band. They come from Brimingham and play together since 2002. A long practice made that their concerts are so great. I was stunned with the vocalist, the gitarist and the piano player but also a song writer Thomas Smith the most. I could notice with a naked eye how the music is important to him. He unsterstood, he felt his music so well, he was moved by it. I was wondering if Tom was drunk, high or just affected by the music. Every single member of the band was amusing themselves as good as we did. I think, that it was the best concert of the OWF because I didn't know any song but I had a great time anyway. I hope, I will see them soon. 

Editors performing "Sugar"

Sorry for the bad quality of the videos, I was recording by a phone :(

Komentarze

  1. I'm so jealous right now! But I'm still happy, that you had such a great time. Die Antwoord and their music is still little secret for me, but Nobody can say that they haven't got an unique style. I like Daughter, but i think that i need listen more songs of the rest. After reading your post it is a must for me :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. I do not listen to Die Antwoord, generally, but they have a great style and their music is just perfect for parties and of course, they give amazing concerts! Daughter is just perfect, every song from two CD is stunning, seriously!

      Usuń
    2. I don't listen to Daughter regularly, but It's always so nice to ears. And maybe that's the point in Die Antwoord's music, just to have a good time ;)

      Usuń
    3. Yeah, exactly! That's it!

      Usuń

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty